- 1/4 C butter
- 1 1/2 lbs. real semisweet chocolate
- 3/4 C non-dairy coffee creamer, any flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 pounds real milk chocolate for dipping
- 1 cup finely chopped chocolate, milk or semisweet for decoration
Makes about 3 dozen truffles
- Melt semisweet chocolate in double boiler over hot water.
- Heat butter, creamer and vanilla in another saucepan to 125° F on a candy thermometer.
- Add to semisweet chocolate all at once, beating until smooth and creamy.
- Chill in refrigerator until nearly set but still pliable.
- Beat with mixer until light and fluffy.
- Spread in 9 inch buttered pan until set enough to roll into small balls.
- Melt milk chocolate over double boiler.
- Dip truffles in melted chocolate, then sprinkle generously, or roll in, chopped chocolate